In light of the ongoing COVID-19 situation, it has been decided that the SPHeRE Network 7th Annual Conference 2021, will be going ahead online. The 2021 conference theme is ‘The value of research and evidence in a crisis’. While fit with the conference theme is important, it is not intended that any submission be excluded on these grounds. The highest scoring abstracts will be streamed into sessions.
Abstract Submission Deadline
Abstract submission will close on Monday, 9th of November 2020 at 5.00 pm.
Delegates who would like to orally present their work as a presentation are invited to submit an abstract for consideration by the Scientific Committee.
Successful applicants will be emailed instructions regarding their oral presentation.
Furthermore, we will also be accepting posters which will be presented in a gallery format on the SPHeRE website.
Information for authors
Please read this information carefully before proceeding to the online submission form. All abstracts must be submitted online using the abstract submission form. Abstracts submitted by fax, e-mail, etc. will not be considered.
- A limit of 250 words applies. Abstracts of greater than 250 words will be automatically truncated.
- The title entered on the submission form will be used as the presentation title.
- The corresponding author (Author 1) is responsible for the abstract content. This author is the contact person for submission and communication purposes and is also responsible for disseminating information related to the abstract to the co-authors.
- Please ensure your abstract does not contain spelling, grammar, or scientific mistakes, as it will be reproduced exactly as submitted in the conference abstract book. Linguistic accuracy is your responsibility. No proofreading will be done.
- No changes can be made to the abstract after the submission deadline.
- Please do not submit an abstract if none of the authors intend to attend the online conference, as we may ask that speakers are present for a live Q&A session after each of the pre-recorded sessions.
- It is understood that only fully registered delegates can proceed to present at the conference.
Abstracts should include the following information*:
The background should provide information that is useful for introducing your research and that makes clear to the reader why you are asking your research question. Objectives should clearly indicate the research question and objectives of the study and its importance.
Methods should contain sufficient information to be able to understand the experimental design, the analytical techniques and the statistics used in the study.
Results should contain objective data to answer the research question. It should describe the results obtained based on the methods used.
The conclusion should provide only conclusions of the study directly supported by the results, along with implications for policy or practice, avoiding speculation and overgeneralization.
*Please note: For policy abstracts, you may replace the above headings as follows:
- ‘Methods’ may be replaced with ‘Use of evidence base’
- ‘Results’ may be replaced with ‘Key policy design/implications’
Tables, references, images and graphics may NOT be included. Abbreviations should be defined.
- The corresponding author will be notified by the email address provided during submission whether their abstract has been accepted.
- As there are limits on the number of oral presentations due to the online format, some abstracts submitted for oral presentation may be offered as a poster that can be viewed in a gallery section on the SPHeRE website.
- Details on poster format and full presentation guidelines will be included in the notification email.
- Any change of the presenting author needs to be communicated in writing.
It has come to our attention that some institutional servers are blocking access to the submission page. If you are having issues accessing the abstract submission page, try copying following link directly into your browser https://form.jotformeu.com/202523633729354
If you experience any other kind of problem or if you have questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.