About The Network
The SPHeRE Network is a national network connecting research, policy and practice in population health and health services. It brings together those who produce and use research and welcomes members who are interested in developing a dialogue between research and health action.
We are actively seeking to connect the various stakeholders in population health and health service research in Ireland. The network creates opportunities for developing research which supports the information needs of those involved in policy and service provision.
Aims of the SPHeRE Network
The SPHeRE Network aims to:
- Promote interchange between researchers, service providers and policymakers to support better use of research
- Influence research priorities so that they better reflect the needs of the public, policymakers and service providers
- Provide a collective voice for researchers in the wider policy debate
- Promote issues of common interest to funders, universities and Government
It does this by:
- Representing the research community to Government, funding organisations, the management community and other professional bodies by initiating and leading discussion and responding to policy issues
- Organising an annual conference, periodic seminars and policy events to promote research findings and provide opportunities for dialogue between researchers, service providers and policy makers; details of upcoming events are available on our events page
- Building international links with equivalent bodies
Join the SPHeRE Network
You can join the SPHeRE Network mailing list by simply filling in the application form below. Mailings to the Network are infrequent and typically consist of notices and registration calls for upcoming SPHeRE or HRB events (conferences, seminars, symposia etc.), recruitment calls for the SPHeRE Programme, and very occasional notices that will have broad appeal to those in PHHSR and allied fields.
You can update your information using the link provided on every Network mailing. The data is currently stored on a MailChimp mailing list. Your data will only be used for SPHeRE mailings and never shared with third parties (apart from our mailing service).
You can remove yourself from the mailing list at any time; all Network emails have an unsubscribe link at the bottom. Removal from the list is instantaneous, but any scheduled mailings in the queue at the time of unsubscribing will still go to you.